Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Darkest Coffee

In the palace
into my mind built castle,
In a marble walled,
Marble floored one spot Cafe 

Heavy heart and,
Heavy minded,
I walk inside, 

To have another cup of coffee black.

Walking slowly,
On the chess board black
And white tiled floor,
I then approach, slowly siting down...

The only table in that place
Half white, half black -
It is my table
Where I sit - alone.

'I want my coffee
Dark and bitter please.
“Like my life was
Until now." 

The olive skinned,
Mysterious barista,
Existing here only, now,

She comes, she serves me and she disappears.

One more time
I'll drink... and ponder
On all the 'if's
And all the 'why's of past long gone.

One last look,
Last gentle blow
In the bitter earth' nectar...
I take first sip.

Now and here, there is only me,
The palace and the marble
One client only, exquisite Cafe,
A while cup, and the coffee... bitter, dark.

The first sip -
A liquid kiss,
Black fire scorching
tissue thirsty. My soul is free.

Now nothing doesn't really matter.
Nor if I'm having coffee
Or the coffee slowly
Is consuming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment